Explosions in London

110 posts / 0 new
Last post
oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Jul 7 2005 09:14
Explosions in London

explosions on tubes and a report of a bus exploding in london

says it's power surges

hmmm

good timing if it is power surges

<trembles>

BB
Offline
Joined: 12-08-04
Jul 7 2005 09:26

It's those parisian seperatists... eek

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 09:35

3 buses now. And British Transport Police confirming that it was explosions on the Underground, rather than "power surges." It was mayhem at Bank tube this morning, and worse by the time I walked up to Liverpool St.

PS -- any Londoners working round here. If we get evacuated, anyone fancy a beer?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Jul 7 2005 09:41

I can't get on to BBC or Sky news sites to see what this is all about.

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 09:44
xConorx wrote:
I can't get on to BBC or Sky news sites to see what this is all about.

I've been keeping up-to-date on this via http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/ but you need a log-in. Don't know if that's any good to you.

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Offline
Joined: 17-07-06
Jul 7 2005 09:48

Theres your bbc news link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm

They have fuck all info...

Urban75 is way to much and too panicked to be able to digest for me sad

Garner
Offline
Joined: 30-10-03
Jul 7 2005 09:50
the button wrote:
3 buses now. And British Transport Police confirming that it was explosions on the Underground, rather than "power surges." It was mayhem at Bank tube this morning, and worse by the time I walked up to Liverpool St.

They seem to think it was one cleverly placed bomb that triggered power surges.

Quote:
PS -- any Londoners working round here. If we get evacuated, anyone fancy a beer?

Yup. Got anywhere in mind?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Jul 7 2005 09:53
the button wrote:
xConorx wrote:
I can't get on to BBC or Sky news sites to see what this is all about.

I've been keeping up-to-date on this via http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/ but you need a log-in. Don't know if that's any good to you.

Cheers, will get a login. Found some on UK indymedia , better than owt.

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Offline
Joined: 17-07-06
Jul 7 2005 09:54

And the first nutter post on IMCUk hgas gone up:

Quote:
CIA blasts London Underground

http://www0.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/07/316988.html

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 09:55
Garner wrote:
Quote:
PS -- any Londoners working round here. If we get evacuated, anyone fancy a beer?

Yup. Got anywhere in mind?

Need to work on the boss first to see if we can go. *puts on most appealing expression*

PS Ten Bells?

BB
Offline
Joined: 12-08-04
Jul 7 2005 09:58

Anyone think this'll mean, the old bill will be given any powers, to do what they want at the moment, especially as it's a terrorist attack. Kinda usefull.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Offline
Joined: 6-11-03
Jul 7 2005 10:00

Seems to be weirdly calm from what I've seen on the box.

Garner
Offline
Joined: 30-10-03
Jul 7 2005 10:01
the button wrote:
PS Ten Bells?

Okay, but I doubt we'll get evacuated anyway. I'm sure they'll decide it's much safer for us to be working than out on the street.

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 10:03
Garner wrote:
the button wrote:
PS Ten Bells?

Okay, but I doubt we'll get evacuated anyway. I'm sure they'll decide it's much safer for us to be working than out on the street.

Yeah, you're right. And plus now The Man would know that there were anarchists meeting in a pub just 5 mins away from where there was an explosion. They'd lock us up & throw away the key. wink

Garner
Offline
Joined: 30-10-03
Jul 7 2005 10:04

Actually loads of people have just appeared on the street (Bevis Marks - between Liverpool St and Aldgate). Dunno if they've been evacuated or if they were just being held back at Aldgate or something.

Cinders
Offline
Joined: 5-07-05
Jul 7 2005 10:05
rkn wrote:
And the first nutter post on IMCUk hgas gone up:
Quote:
CIA blasts London Underground

http://www0.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/07/316988.html

oh dear... roll eyes

3 buses? They won't even confirm one bus here in Sydney.

Everything looks strangely calm though...anyone know anything about casualties?

cinders x

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 10:19

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html

Can't access BBC news, still. Also, mobile phone networks either off or jammed.

Edited to add latest from BBC: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Jul 7 2005 10:20

I'm not being irreverent but what is happening in this photo? I can't make it out.

Cinders
Offline
Joined: 5-07-05
Jul 7 2005 10:23
xConorx wrote:
I'm not being irreverent but what is happening in this photo? I can't make it out.

a man rushing a melted sheep to safety?

agreed, it is a strange photo.

I think though, in all seriousness, that someone has covered their head with a coat or towel or something...not sure why though.

PaulMarsh's picture
PaulMarsh
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Jul 7 2005 10:24

Mobiles down, Sky news is reporting 6 blasts confirmed by Met.

Army supposed to be on streets in Covent Garden, which sounds bizarre.

Horrible atmosphere in my office.

Lots of people will really struggle to get home as public transport is just shut down everywhere.

Garner
Offline
Joined: 30-10-03
Jul 7 2005 10:27

Mounted police clearing the streets outside my office. Very surreal.

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 10:28
PaulMarsh wrote:
Mobiles down, Sky news is reporting 6 blasts confirmed by Met.

Army supposed to be on streets in Covent Garden, which sounds bizarre.

Horrible atmosphere in my office.

Lots of people will really struggle to get home as public transport is just shut down everywhere.

Buses suspended in Zone 1, so looks like a long walk home to Lewisham tonight.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Jul 7 2005 10:28
Cinders wrote:
xConorx wrote:
I'm not being irreverent but what is happening in this photo? I can't make it out.

a man rushing a melted sheep to safety?

agreed, it is a strange photo.

I think though, in all seriousness, that someone has covered their head with a coat or towel or something...not sure why though.

aye I figured but it still looked odd

"1009 Witness Christina Lawrence, who was on a train leaving Kings Cross, tells BBC News 24: "There was a loud bang in the tunnel and the train just stopped and all of a sudden it was filled with black, gassy smoke and we couldn't breathe" "

Garner
Offline
Joined: 30-10-03
Jul 7 2005 10:47

Bugger. They've decided it's safer for us to stay in the building and keep working.

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Jul 7 2005 10:48
Garner wrote:
Bugger. They've decided it's safer for us to stay in the building and keep working.

Well, they can make us stay in the building, but they can't make us work. wink

Cinders
Offline
Joined: 5-07-05
Jul 7 2005 10:49

^^ as if anyone's really working

BB
Offline
Joined: 12-08-04
Jul 7 2005 10:50

Unnofficial reports from the bbc, worldwide news saying, more than 100 dead...

LiveFastDiarrea
Offline
Joined: 19-09-03
Jul 7 2005 10:50

^^ The emergency services seem to be.

BB
Offline
Joined: 12-08-04
Jul 7 2005 10:51
Cinders wrote:
^^ as if anyone's really working

I'm working really hard, surfing the net...

Cinders
Offline
Joined: 5-07-05
Jul 7 2005 11:00
Brighton Bomber wrote:
Cinders wrote:
^^ as if anyone's really working

I'm working really hard, surfing the net...

bet that's real tough.

yeah, too right i bet the emergency services are working hard.

but i meant you lot in offices or wherever you are.

BB
Offline
Joined: 12-08-04
Jul 7 2005 11:01
Brighton Bomber wrote:
It's those parisian seperatists... eek

Someone in the office has just asked me if i was being serious! eek eek

We've got a french girl in our office from paris... sometimes i wonder what goes through peoples heads!

The old bill have closed brighton station, due to a dubious bag being left near the station, they're gonna blow up someones pants, probably lingerie... wink