Last post
yoshomon
Feb 12 2009 02:57
Refuse Military Conflict With the State ! poster

Preview and download here: http://www.lettersjournal.org/blog/archives/47

OliverTwister's picture
OliverTwister
Feb 12 2009 07:26

I'm not sure how useful it will be as a poster, that is to say it might not be directly relevant to a lot of passersby; but the ideas are still sound and I've already forwarded it to a friend with whom I was discussing the leftist versus communist notion of revolution and use of violence earlier today. Good work.

Alf's picture
Alf
Feb 12 2009 13:50

The political content of the poster - the rejection of substitutionist violence by minorities cut off from the real movement - is very clear. The title, on the other hand, is not correct because at some point in the revolutionary process the workers councils will certainly have to organise "military action against the state".

cantdocartwheels's picture
cantdocartwheels
Feb 12 2009 15:37

Considering this is aimed at lefties and anarchos who would most probably fetishise anti-pacifism its a pretty bad title.

yoshomon
Feb 12 2009 16:45
Alf wrote:
The title, on the other hand, is not correct because at some point in the revolutionary process the workers councils will certainly have to organise "military action against the state".

I think the form of military action/strategy is at odds communism (or should I say communisation?). To be clear, I am rejecting the association of revolution with military force but not rejecting violence.

Alf's picture
Alf
Feb 12 2009 23:57

We can discuss the exact meaning of 'military action' and its relationship to communism but the question is too complex to encapsulate in a headline for 'mass' distribution. It needs a phrase that more clearly criticises armed action by minority groups.

yoshomon
Feb 13 2009 00:22

This poster is obviously not meant for mass distribution. It is aimed at the milieu and not outside of it.

Alf's picture
Alf
Feb 13 2009 13:28

Not obvious because a poster is generally for putting up in public places. In any case'the milieu' isn't so clear about the distinction either.....