Action:

1) Call the “Hall Manager” on 020 7588 5001
2) Email: mail@thedrapers.co.uk
banqueting@thedrapers.co.uk
heritage@thedrapers.co.uk
3) Fax: 020 7628 1988
4) Send a tweet in support of the LSSE workers to: #CraigTallentsPayYourStaff

Suggested text/script:

I am writing to express my concern over the behaviour of one your members, Craig Tallents.

Mr. Tallents, whom the Drapers appointed as a governor of the Bancroft's school, has stolen thousands of pounds in wages from his staff at the Leicester Square School of English. Over the Christmas holidays, Craig permanently shut down the school without informing staff and students.

This means that staff were illegally denied notice and holiday pay. And as a result of illegal self-employed contracts, Craig owes his staff even more money for un-accrued holiday. One other member of staff has claims for unpaid wages dating back to summer; another, a claim for illegal denial of paternity pay.

Perhaps worse, when Craig shut down LSSE he didn't even bother to tell the students. In other words, Craig allowed newly arrived international students, some with very limited English, to show up to a closed school with no support and no assistance – and all this after Craig took their money despite knowing full well the school was in no position to offer the lessons or accommodation students had been promised.

The Drapers claims to be a charitable organisation. Well, this email is a challenge: live up to your words. Ensure your member, Craig Tallents, does the right thing and pays his staff!

In the absence of that, however, I wish to make it clear I will attend any and all actions called in support of the LSSE workers – including pickets, protests, and demonstrations.

The LSSE workers can be reached at teflsolidarity (at) gmail (dot) com

I look forward to your response.

[name]

Note: While emails are great, phone calls are far more effective. So, if possible, please make a phone call first. Be polite and, ideally, make sure you are speaking to a manager. If you can't call, then please send an email or fax (http://myfax.com/free/).

Background:

Workers at the Leicester Square School of English have been in a battle with their wage stealing boss, Craig Tallents, for over a month now.

Craig Tallents, the owner of the Leicester Square School of English, permanently shut down the school without informing staff or students. Staff are owed thousands of pounds in unpaid wages resulting from illegal contracts, lack of notice and holiday pay, and illegal denial of paternity pay.

So far, staff and supporters have occupied school building, caused Mr.Tallents to resign as governor from the Bancroft's school, to take down the website of his company, Asparagus Consulting, held a rowdy picket in Leicester Square, and targeted Tallents at the residents' association where he was an officer.

The email campaign is to remind Craig Tallents - a former certified accountant who portrays himself as a competent management consultant - that he can't duck his responsibilities. He needs to pay his staff now!

Action organised and supported by:
The Industrial Workers of the World: www.iww.org.uk
The Angry Language Brigade: http://libcom.org/blog/angry-language-brigade

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Feb 9 2015 20:58

Calling all rambly anarchos!

You can still call - leave a nice thorough voicemail for the Drapers' letting them know how you feel about their member, Craig Tallents.